Adam and I have really been trying hard to exercise and eat healthier this summer. Part of our efforts included participating in a 5K road race. One day back in June, I had this grand idea that it would be perfect timing to complete the race the Saturday before our vacation. So, I signed us both up for the Back to School 5K at the Middle Tiger YMCA.
What I didn't consider was how much getting up on the first day of your vacation to run a 3.1 mile race at 7:30 am would really bite! Adam hadn't been feeling the best and didn't want to risk making himself ill during our vacation, so I ran the race solo. I can't say that I would recommend this race to anyone. In addition to being super early - it was humid, there were tons of hills, and the scenery left a lot to be desired.
Somehow, I managed to finish without too much trouble. I ran the first lap waaaay to fast and paid for it on the other two, much hillier miles. I came in at 32:52 with an average mile time of 10:35, only 0:35 seconds off my goal pace. Not too shabby. In case anyone is interested, the winner came in at 16:57 with an average mile time of 5:28.
Sorry no pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment