Friday, June 11, 2010

Zac Brown Band Concert


On Friday, June third, I actually took off work early (huge deal for me) and headed to meet Adam, Michael, and Tisha at the Bojangles in Duncan.  After a quick bite to eat in the car (Michael made sure he didn't spill anything while he was driving all of us by putting a napkin in his shirt collar - love my friends!), we headed to the Heritage Park Amphitheater for my first concert in a really long time. 

The weather man said there was a 60% chance of rain, but we didn't care! We were bound and determined to have a good time!  We listened to the ZBB's CD all the way down.  When we got to Simpsonville we were going to meet up with our friends Hal and Sara.  As we got off the highway to go to the concert, we made a frightening realization; I had left the tickets in my car in Duncan! Oh no!

Michael was a really good sport and drove us all the way back to the Bojangles where I had left our car.  We still managed to make it while only missing a little bit of one of the opening acts.  Sara and Hal saved us all great seats! 

The concert was awesome.  I would seriously pay to go again.  Zac Brown played and sang with all of the opening singers.  He also played several of his new songs from his upcoming album, which I hadn't heard yet.  For all my non-country-music-listening friends, you may actually like this  group!  Have a listen if you get a chance!

AND. the rain held out.  Aside from a large lightening storm that sent us packing to the car for a while, the weather was very nice!  The band even came back out after the lightening stopped to finish the concert.  Such a great time, with some awesome people! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you all had fun! Next time, pick a non-country band and we'll be right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam was talking about this concert tonight! Sounds like you two had fun.

    ReplyDelete