These past few weeks have been busy to say the least! I spent the weekend before Father's Day celebrating with my Dad in Greensboro. Dad and I went Canoeing at the new Randelman Reservoir just outside of Greensboro. I didn't take any pictures and there aren't any on their website, so I borrowed a few from my cousin's facebook page.
I had a great day with Dad. He caught quite a few small fish. I caught a lot of logs and branches and lost quite a few lures in the process. Oh well! I was very glad Dad insisted I get a fishing license at Wal-Mart. The game warden stopped us and checked to make sure we were legitimate, which of course we were! That was the first time Dad had ever been stopped fishing. I missed a few spots on my shoulders while I was putting sunscreen on and really paid for it later! All-in-all, we had a great time! I was really grateful to be able to spend the one-on-one time with my dad.
While I was in Greensboro, I picked up my car from Dad. His mechanic replaced the pick up in the distributor, which seems to have taken care of my intermittent starting problem. But now, my check engine light keeps coming on (and then later going off). The guys at auto zone say my engine is misfiring! Awesome! Maybe just spark clubs? Let's hope.
The weekend before last, we said goodbye to our dear friend Sara. She is leaving us and moving to France for three years. Her job with Michelin transferred her their. We had a southern themed cook out at our friends Jessie and Brian's House. Everyone brought a southern dish. We brought green bean casserole and pimento cheese with celery. I couldn't resist stopping to get boiled peanuts on the way over from the little man with an umbrella on the side of the road.
Tisha made a wonderful photo collage of all the many events we enjoyed together the last several years. We all had a blast. We are sad to see Sara go, but we know she will really enjoy her time abroad. Maybe she would like to meet us somewhere in Europe next year! And she promised she would hang out when she comes back for visits!
Last weekend, Adam and I ran our very first 5K. Adam was a real trooper. We have been training to run one in August. I had this wise idea that we could do a practice one before we actually run ours. I signed us up for the YMCA Main Squeeze 5K in the couples division - which meant we had to run together and hold hands as we crossed the finish line. It was insanely hot and very early for us! But, we did it! Our official time was 36:47. The event wasn't chipped and I think our actual time was a bit better. That's not too shabby for a first run! If you look really closely at the picture, I think that I am the one in pink with her hair pulled back in the middle. Adam and I are working hard to do well at our 5K in August. Wish us luck!
After some yummy breakfast and coffee at Broadway Bagels, I left for a fun weekend with my friend Lauren in Charlotte. Lauren lives uptown in a really cool studio apartment. We had a blast! I went shopping with Lauren and had dinner at a really fun diner. We had a laid back night in watching Valentine's Day, which I would not rent unless you like to take notes while you watch movies. Sunday morning we went to Charlotte Diner and shopping for some picture frames for a picture collage in Lauren's living room. After arranging all the pictures to perfection, we somehow managed to get them all on the wall almost completely level. We were quite impressed with ourselves! She'll have to send me a picture.
Now, we're ready to welcome July!





No comments:
Post a Comment