Saturday, February 19, 2011

Spring Has Sprung!

Well, no it's not exactly Spring, yet.  But, as long as the temperatures stay in the 60's and 70's, I am just going to pretend. Last weekend, we took Riley for our first outdoor run of the year (and I got to try out my new Garmin Forerunner Adam gave me for Christmas - very cool).  It felt sooo good to be off the treadmill.





We made our first trip to Fall's Park last Sunday and even ventured to take Cocoa.  We dressed her in her thundershirt, which is designed to keep her calm using some of the same principles used on autistic people. Call me a crazy dog lady (I'm sure people do behind my back, haha), but this thing works!  It's no miracle worker, but completely worth the $35.  Cocoa was a model dog and enjoyed being with Michael, Tisha and the kids.  

Since it was Valentine's Day eve and the last day of the weekend, we celebrated early.  We made a yummy spaghetti squash vegetable bake for Valentine's Day that evening  It was an attempt at a recipe we saw on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on TV.  It wasn't perfect but turned out to be pretty tasty!

1 comment:

  1. I know several people that have used the shirts for various reasons, all with good results. They are great for thunderstorm phobic dogs too.

    ReplyDelete