| Here Santa is giving treats to my neighbors who were waiting for him in the car because it was SO cold and windy! |
Santa Claus always comes to visit the good little boys and girls of Reidville on the back of the volunteer firetruck. Each year, it seems, I am out walking the dog when I hear all kinds of sirens getting closer and closer. And, each year, I wonder which of my neighbors is in trouble.
The first year this happened, I was out walking Cocoa by myself (this was preRiley, he was probably outside in someone's backyard freezing his balls off since he still had them then - poor guy!). I had just gotten through with working a long Saturday and it was dark and cold outside. I could see the fire truck in the distance. It was traveling very slowly, obviously looking for a certain house. A woman was standing in the door of the home I was walking by, obviously waiting for the firetruck. I started waving and pointing at this house as the firetruck approached. Obviously he couldn't find the house where this woman was waiting and something terrible must of happened! I remember thinking, "Hello, don't they have GPS?!?" A few moments later, the truck pulled up to a house a few doors before the house I was at. And, to my amazement, Santa hopped off the back of the truck with his bag of stuff and went to see the neighborhood kids. SAY WHAT? Needless to say, I was embarrassed.
This year, Mom, Reid, Adam, and both Cocoa and Riley and I were out walking. When we were walking Adam kept asking if I heard the sirens that were going on and off in the distance yet getting closer and closer. It was my Mom who finally reminded us of the Reidville Santa. And sure enough - it was time again for firetruck Santa!
We enjoyed celebrating Christmas with Mom and Reid this Sunday. It was a short and sweet visit. But, it meant a lot to me for them to drive all the way to SC to visit us for the holidays. It has been an incredibly busy time for us (me especially with work) and it was so nice to have them!
that would have freaked me out too!
ReplyDelete