It looks like I am on an art kick these days. This year at the Auction for a Cause, which benefits the Humane Society, my job was auction security so I didn't get to shop. But, I did do a pre-auction walk through and noted a few things for Adam to bid on. One of which was "Musical Notes" an oil painting by local artist Elizabeth Bagwell.
I really didn't expect to win it, since it was beautiful and obviously worth quite a bit of money! Fortunately for us and unfortunately for the group it benefited, we were able to get the painting for just $50.
Now, I just have to find a place to put it!
Riley (post Frisbee playing) conveniently sat in front of the painting to give you an idea of just how big it is! The artist intended for it to be hung vertically, but I think I may hang it horizontally. I just don't know where to put it! Suggestions? Maybe the dining room?
Its beautiful! And I'd hang it horizontally, too.
ReplyDelete