Sunday, March 21, 2010

The first (and hopefully not last) post!

Happy Spring!

Since many of my friends have really gotten into the whole blogging scene and really seem to enjoy it, we (or I and a reluctant Adam) decided to give it a whirl. So here goes nothing...

I was blessed to spend the first weekend of Spring with my family. Since moving to South Carolina over four years ago (scary, I know!), we have not been able to see our family and many of our friends nearly as much as we would like. Although we are only three hours or so from our moms and my dad, the drive can be very daunting both for us and our friends.

On Saturday, my mom, my aunt Lynn and my grandmother all came to visit Adam and I. We were thrilled to have them. The weather was absolutely beautiful so we decided to take advantage of it. After a quick lunch at California Dreaming, we hit the road to Greenville. We always enjoy showing people downtown Greenville and once again it did not disappoint!

We hit several of the boutiques and stores while soaking in the sun. Unfortunately, Adam had to leave us early. As all of my Milliken wives, friends know, it is undeniable "go-live" time - which means lots of late nights and extra work!

While we were in one of the funky little boutiques I saw this awesome pair of earrings. I decided not to buy them because I just don't wear jewelry as much since I started working at the shelter. They were by Liz Daly Designs and were absolutely gorgeous!

I was so surprised and delighted to find them waiting for me, tucked meticulously in the windshield wipers of my car. Adam had gone back to the store and purchased them for me on his way back to the car. So sweet!! Gotta love him. Also, my mom was impressed! Haha.

We spent Saturday evening catching up and enjoying a Costco margherita pizza, my personal favorite. Riley and my grandmother really hit it off. He curled right up with her on the sofa. I tried to keep both of them as calm as possible (especially Cocoa since she still has 10 days before she is cleared from her TTA/ACL repair surgery - hopefully!). They enjoyed rawhides, kongs, and some special z-fillet chicken treats by Zukes from my Mom. I didn't think Riley would ever like anything better than Bit-O-Luv, but these seem to be his new weakness. Still no match for the Frisbee, of course!

Sunday, the ladies went to the outlets and had lunch at Fatz cafe. I was able to contain myself, and only purchased one shirt from Banana Republic, my weakness, and some antibacterial soaps from Bath and Body Works.

All-in-all it was a really great weekend. I can't wait for them to come back.

Sorry, no pictures this time! My aunt took a bunch. Maybe I will post some of those once she posts them on facebook. In the meantime, use your imagination!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are blogging! It looks great! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! another blog friend:) BTW - Adam's totally a keeper! Nice job with the earrings!

    ReplyDelete